Already applied?View Dashboard
Franchise ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660044BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 17, 2019
Job Summary:Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This role will support the Marvel Studios Franchise team by overseeing and influencing creative execution directly tied to Marvel Studios content on the Disney streaming service; including but not limited to consumer products, marketing, home entertainment, legacy titles, and partnership campaigns.
- Work closely with the VP of Franchise Creative and Marketing, DTC Executives, and Marvel Studios leadership to establish an over-arching Franchise strategy for each property to share with internal and external partners. This includes but is not limited to: synopses, guardrails, character guidelines and biographies, filmmaker priorities, and editorial content.
- Manage routing and approvals of creative submissions from high level external partners to Marvel Studios leadership, DTC Executives, Disney Marketing and legal including but not limited to: promotional items, partnership campaign creative, home entertainment creative, style guides, publishing items and toys/collectibles. The DTC Manager must also provide the necessary context and their own notes to facilitate the routing process.
- Be prepared to present creative with context and insight to Marvel Studios leadership and DTC Executives when necessary.
- Maintain active communication with the DTC Executive on each property to ensure that production updates are being communicated to internal and external teams.
- Must maintain communication with Marvel Studios legal and always be cognizant of legal restrictions in regards to but not limited to: talent likeness and what is clear for use in licensing and promotions whenever reviewing creative.
- Work with internal teams on each properties’ reference pack/catalogue to ensure updates are being made in a timely manner, guardrails are being upheld and the packs are being shared with the appropriate partners.
- Review all asset requests from internal and external partners and determine if they are to be approved or not.
- Travel to set when necessary for photo shoots and ensure that poses and looks adhere to the needs of the Studio.
- Actively engage in production of retail and promotional partner TV commercials. Align with the Marvel Promotions representative on set to ensure that notes are being implemented.
- Attend marketing meetings as needed to collect notes/feedback to share with the teams. Including working with VFX, Production, and Marketing teams for marketing executions.
- Actively participate in weekly creative calls with internal and external teams.
- Ensure creative adheres to the Marvel Studios brand and marketing positioning.
- Build strong relationships with teams across all lines of business within Marvel Studios and Disney.
- Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize large volume of projects.
- Ability to route and track creative feedback and approvals from high-level distinguished colleagues and effectively communicate to various vendors and internal teams.
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, organized and have the ability to follow-up often and in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to prioritize over-arching franchise strategy, guardrails, and key dates when reviewing all creative.
- Must understand the high level of confidentiality that comes with working at Marvel Studios and discern, with guidance from the VP of Franchise Creative & Marketing, what can and cannot be shared with partners in accordance with guidelines and set dates.
- Prior experience in production, post-production, marketing, or brand management needed.
- Must thrive under the unique brand of Marvel pressure.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in Media, or Entertainment industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.