Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Freeform Casting Internship – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 735202BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
Freeform’s Casting team is one component of the Original Programming Department which also encompasses Development, Current Series, and Unscripted Series. This structure provides a unique opportunity to work closely with other teams within the department and to observe multiple facts of the creative process. We consider our interns to be members of the team and seek motivated, pro-active, and dependable candidates who are organized, upbeat, and eager to work hard in a busy, friendly environment. Responsibilities include administrative tasks, aiding assistants with their daily duties, reading and script coverage, with additional projects as needed. Love of television, an interest in casting, and an understanding of our current series and projects is a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reading scripts efficiently and critically
- Generate lists of actors for various project and general reference
- Support executive assistants in daily duties, including handling confidential materials
- Assist with organizational duties and office logistics
- Act as greeter to external visitors and guests when setting up meetings
- Opportunity to shadow meetings, attend table reads and casting sessions, and participate in casting brainstorming discussions
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional phone, email, and interpersonal etiquette
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a number of high-priority projects and tasks
- Passion and desire to learn about the casting process
- Previous casting experience
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.