Freeform Data Analytics Graduate Internship - Spring 2020
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 709515BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted 09/10/2019
Part of Walt Disney Television, Freeform connects to audiences and goes beyond entertainment with bold, original programming and immersive social engagement. As Disney’s young adult television and streaming network, it channels the power of its audience in its quest for progress through authentic, groundbreaking, original series, fan-favorite movies and tentpole holiday events such as “31 Nights of Halloween”, “Kickoff to Christmas”, and “25 Days of Christmas”.
Responsibilities:You will support different branches of Freeform research with your advanced data skills. Leveraging tools like SQL, Tableau, Excel, and Python, you will assist in building out dashboards that automate existing reports, performing deep dive analyses to understand our viewers better, and much more! Not only will you spend a lot of time with diverse and vast amounts of data, you will also gain exposure to various research methodologies including focus groups, surveys, and Nielsen TV ratings.
- Excellent SQL skills to handle large datasets
- Experience with Python and R
- Proficient at building Tableau dashboards
- Comfortable with advanced Excel formulas
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience building machine learning models is a plus
- Prior experience in entertainment and/or analyzing app behavior is a plus
Required EducationGraduate level student pursuing a Master's degree in Data Science, Analytics, Math/Stats, Computer Science or other quantitative field
Additional Information:• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
• All candidates must be available from January to May 2020
• All candidates must be available to work on-site in the Burbank office
• All candidates must be willing to work up to 40 hours/week
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.