Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Freeform Production Management Internship - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 735174BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
- Gain exposure to Production, Post, Music and all aspects of Television production management.
- Contribute to a dynamic department which oversees the production of a wide and diverse variety of content for Freeform.
- Be empowered and share perspectives and find possibilities to refine processes and to be more efficient.
- Finding possibilities to influence current trends and interface with cutting edge content.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
The Cable Networks Production Department works with long form and short form production for Freeform. This includes all TV Series (scripted and unscripted), promos, interstitials, etc. As a production management intern you will be exposed to all aspects of TV production and post-production. This includes attending production meetings, table reads, mixing and editing sessions. Through these, the intern will be able to learn various areas of production. You will also have one-on-one mentoring sessions that will provide strategies for personal and professional growth.
Through this internship you will have the opportunity to:
- Act as an intricate part of the production team: Working side by side with production executives and assistants to achieve production goals.
- Be part of the solution: Execute projects that assist in creating production management efficiencies.
- Be an integral team member: Work with manager of production with various projects necessary to help department stay organized and help productions deliver their content on time.
- Gain Perspective: Interact with various departments within Freeform and be a part of the process for getting shows on the air.
- Develop Skills: Learn skills needed to work on productions upon completion of the internship.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint (with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint).
- An existing knowledge of current Freeform programming.
- Previous internship experience in a professional entertainment/production office setting.
- A desire to pursue a career in production or post production.
- A willingness to be responsible for projects that support the overall workflow of the department.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to be an active participant in mentorship.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) using QuickTime Pro.
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility:
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.