Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Freeform Programming & Development Internship - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 735175BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Interning with Freeform Programming & Development provides you the opportunity to contribute in three areas of Original Programming – Development, Current Series, and Alternative. We consider our interns to be members of the team, where you are able to:
- Provide unique perspective as part of our network’s core demographic.
- Contribute to exciting projects, both creative and administrative.
- Find opportunities to aid assistants and executives in order to reduce daily challenges.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
We seek self-motivated candidates who are organized, passionate, and eager to work hard in a busy, friendly environment.
Responsibilities include administrative tasks, extensive reading and script coverage, and additional projects as needed. Love of television and an understanding of our brand ethos, current series, and upcoming projects are a plus.
You may be:
- Reading script and novel submissions efficiently and critically.
- Writing detailed and informative coverage to assess projects for series development or staffing.
- Supporting executive assistants in daily duties, including handling confidential scripts.
- Assisting with organizational duties and office logistics.
- Acting as greeter to external visitors and guests when setting up meetings.
- Getting opportunities to shadow meetings, pitches, notes calls, and table reads.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- A knowledge and excitement for Freeform programming.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous internship experience within media/entertainment, working in an office setting.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Exceptional phone, email, and interpersonal etiquette.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong passion and career desire to be part of the television industry.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation
- Experience fielding calls and answering multi-line telephones.
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility:
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.