General TD Application Command Line Wrapper Intern, Disney AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 889734BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 23, 2021
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of Animation? Our internship program dives into the craft, technology and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your unique talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists and production leaders.
Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a 12 week paid experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. The 2022 Summer Intern program begins May/June 2022. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
The deadline for applications is January 16, 11:59 PM PST.
Am I Eligible?
- 18 years or older
- Enrolled in a post-high school educational program (Community College, College, University, Trade, Online School, or equivalent)
- Unrestricted work authorization language
General Technical Director Internship
At Walt Disney Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. Technical Directors are responsible for providing support to our artist teams in a variety of areas including writing tools to facilitate the CG animation process, acting as a liaison to software and system engineers, and front-line artist support. They function as an integral part of the artist departments they’re associated with, designing or optimizing processes and tools to best fit production needs.
- Work with multiple department stakeholders to design and develop a tool that will:
- Provide a list of all possible approved characters with a given set of attributes.
- This set of attributes would include gender, age, and body type, among others.
- Keep this list up-to-date as the available characters are updated frequently during production.
- Allow department supervisors to select characters from that list and add them to shots.
- Experience with Python scripting and object oriented programming.
- Experience with PyQT or other GUI development framework.
- Understanding of process execution in the Unix|Linux operating system.
- Using debugging tools like GDB, Totalview, and VTune.
- Experience working with technical and non technical teams to help accomplish a project.
- Experience with iterative development
- Create or update your profile and apply online
- Resume with month and year of expected graduation date
Deadline for applications is January 16, at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.