Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Global Portfolio Management & Transactions Intern (CA) -Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 867106BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
The Intern, Global Portfolio Management & Transactions, Corporate Real Estate, will assist with global transaction, portfolio and space management working closely with the Burbank, CA team. The Intern will be responsible for creating documents to launch projects, managing existing reporting tools, walking and tracking space use, data management/analysis and creating new tools as necessary. The Intern will also interface and collaborate closely with in-house partners including Design & Delivery, Operations, Legal, Finance, Treasury, Lease Administration, and client service providers.
Responsibilities:As the Global Portfolio Management & Transactions Intern you will have the opportunity to interface with business units and provide support including:
- Gathering and assembling information required to initiate projects
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of managed data
- Identifying opportunities to improve data collection, maintenance and analysis
- Following up on critical date information/timelines
- Producing project kick-off forms requiring strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the projects
- Collecting and reviewing market data and intelligence
- Assisting team members with assumptions to support financial options analysis
- Benchmarking key business unit initiatives, corporate standards and industry best practices
- Collaborating with team members and regional project management teams while assembling and reconciling the information necessary to develop business justifications to ensure the alignment between portfolio strategies and business objectives
- Assisting the portfolio management team with various ad hoc projects including external benchmarking efforts to stablish performance metrics and organizational performance targets.
- Conducting floor audits, assigning room numbering, occupancy tracking, creating and maintaining files in AutoCAD Integrator, and interacting with Tririga
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to analyze multi-faceted issues in relation to market, business and long-term space planning
- Exceptional follow-up and prioritization skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), including executive presence
- Ability to handle confidential information when interacting with internal and external partners while supporting the development and implementation of real estate strategies
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and self-motivation
- Team player exemplifying a positive attitude with the ability to take accurate direction from team members
- Ability to outline business unit requirements in the context of corporate standards and governance
- Strong proficiency with the use of MS Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in a professional environment; ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities, identifying solutions, problem solving and critical thinking
- Consultative skills, including the ability to build relationships with clients, partners and peers
- Ability to collect, review and analyze market data and intelligence
- Assist team members with assumptions to support financial options analysis
- Collaborate with team members and regional project management teams while assembling and reconciling information necessary to develop business justification to ensure alignment between portfolio strategies and business objectives
- Expertise in use of CAD/CAFM and space planning and management
- Experience with industry standard databases used in a corporate real estate or facilities setting, particularly Tririga and Excel
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing a degree in Communications, Business, Design, Architecture, Business, Engineering or a closely related field
- Recently completed degree in Communications, Business, Design, Architecture, Business, Engineering or a closely related field
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 through June 2022
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles/Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.