Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Global Security Communication Ctr Arc GIS Mapping Intern-Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 702124BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
The Global Security Communications Center is responsible for emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, incoming call mitigation, event personnel activation and dispatching and event driven global notification services on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In an emergency situation, the GSCC directs and coordinates Disney enterprise assistance and support by providing technical and advisory assistance for the performance of essential operational services; the issuance of warnings of risks and hazards, dissemination of employee information, as well as being the central communication point for the enterprise.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life
The GSCC Intern must be able to exercise critical thinking and strong attention to detail in order to plot all Disney assets through the departments mapping platform. This will enable the GSCC to immediately identify Disney assets impacted by man-made and natural incidents, and subsequently facilitate communications and solutions to impacted Disney personnel and their impacted business leadership, including the executive leadership of the company.
- Plot all Disney assets (worldwide) into department mapping tool
- Ensure all assets are current by cross checking against weekly lists provided by business partners from across the enterprise
- Assist in briefing internal and external partners on the mapping capabilities of the GSCC
- Assist with data management and entry
- Assist GSCC Supervisors and Managers with administrative tasks
The GSCC Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience and build skills in the following areas:
- The collection of intelligence reporting and queries
- Writing standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Drafting communications to internal partners
- Data management and entry
- Gathering user requirements and day-to-day operations
- Support department projects
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for
- Strong strategic written and verbal communications skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites including proficiency with excel (pivot tables, charts, graphs, vlookup)
- Knowledge of ARC Geographic Information Science (GIS) systems
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively and take directions
- Ability to transition effectively between calm and active work conditions
- Must be willing to learn unfamiliar technical systems
- Sense of urgency in a 24/7 work environment for quick response to critical developing issues
- Interest in security either security issues, systems or global events
- Ability to work effectively in both calm and active work conditions
- Coding skills
- Former work experience in a professional environment
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Geo Spatial Studies, GIS, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
- Pursuing an master’s degree in ARCGIS, International Relations, Geo Spatial Studies, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January through May/June 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 30 hours per week) for the duration of the internship *Please note this is a 24/7 work location.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.