Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graduate Data Integration Intern, Fall 2017 – Burbank, CAApply Now Job ID 445643BR Location Burbank, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 05/03/2017
Graduate Data Integration Internship, Fall 2017 – Burbank, CA
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company, including Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R), Disney Cruise Line, Media Networks (i.e. ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment and Disney Interactive Media in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing and optimization. Key partners to the RM&A organization include Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Research and Operations. Roles within RM&A develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members and Shareholders.
The Data Analytics consulting team leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
ResponsibilitiesMake an Impact by supporting the development of advanced analytic engines for Disney Studios and Media Networks. The interns help in this process by:
- Collecting, manipulating, validating, and visualizing data in Python, SQL, or Spark
- Performing diagnostics and root-cause analysis for anomalies found in analytics processes
- Executing software tests, tracking bugs, and creating reports that summarize results
- Developing analytical solutions for cross-segment clients
- Maintaining technical system documentation
- Performing industry research and benchmark analysis
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role.....
- Available to work full-time hours from June 2017 through early January 2018.
- Problem solving, development, and analytical skills
- Experience with Python, R, or Matlab
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics background
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience implementing analytical processes with Python, R, or Matlab
- Experience performing data manipulations with SQL
- Previous work experience in software or analytics team
- Graduate student working towards (or recently graduated with) a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2017 through January 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.