Already applied?View Dashboard
Graphic Artist (Creative Services)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 692798BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jul. 30, 2019
- Create, develop and execute original design projects with full deadline responsibility from concept development, storyboard & animatic design, to finished production of content.
- Collaborate with Manager and Graphics Producer to maintain efficient, uninterrupted workflows.
- Understand project time and resource requirements on project inception to ensure successful completion.
- Provide conceptual input, approaching projects with an idea, rather than a style.
- Collaborate with colleagues and Art Directors to ensure consistent branding.
- Maintain overall efficiency of department by troubleshooting problems and maintaining technical standards.
- Stay abreast of emerging industry standards, adopting best practices and technologies whenever possible.
- Maintain close collaboration with senior management to keep overall priorities and goals aligned.
- Gain full proficiency in Disney proprietary systems & databases, utilizing them when needed.
- Troubleshoot technical issues ensuring accurate deliverables and correct output specifications.
- Understand client needs for assignments and execute deliverables to brand and style specifications.
- Maintain a client-facing demeanor and positive can-do attitude at all times.
- Collaborate with clients to ensure they receive the highest level of service and satisfaction.
- Types of work will include but not be limited to: logo animations, show and movie launch graphic packages, promo graphic elements, repurposing of existing graphics and graphics versioning.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Motion Design or related field.
- Industry experience and talent demonstrated by demo reel and portfolio.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Maxon Cinema 4D.
- Knowledge of Nuke, Autodesk Maya and Toon Boom Studio a plus.
- Must understand production and shoot workflow best practices.
- Knowledge of VFX workflows practical and virtual.
- Strong illustration skills desired.
- Proficient in a wide variety of industry standard 3rd party software and plugins.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Boris FX Mocha Pro.
- Full understanding of digital and broadcast standards and technical requirements.
- Fluent in current design trends and concepts.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, and relentless commitment to quality and efficiency.
- Broadcast or cable television network experience is preferred.
- Exposure to a variety of Creative production environments and companies a plus.
- BFA or higher in Design or Art related field.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.