HCM Manager, Product & Engineering
Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774563BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 25, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from streaming, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. Enterprise Technology is guided by the principles of being service focused and collaborative, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage of TWDC (The Walt Disney Company) scale and through continuous improvement.
Responsibilities:The HCM Manager, Product & Engineering is a strong technology leadership role, responsible for managing technology platforms for the HCM (Human Capital Management) and People Analytics domain and delivering technology solutions by leading projects and teams.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for the technology platforms and solutions for:
- Core HR
- Talent Solution
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning Management
- Core Benefits
- Delivers high-quality, scalable and cost-effective technology solutions that meet global business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Creates and manages product roadmaps and helps set and lead technology strategy
- Actively manages third-party suppliers of products to ensure they deliver to their commitments, and to the needs of the business
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including HCM business partners, enterprise technology architects and other delivery managers
- Builds strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to executives, across the enterprise
- Builds and manages high-performance and highly-motivated teams and responsible for security and compliance
- Proven experience in leading technology teams to delivery of enterprise software solutions in supporting HCM
- Experience leading matrixed project teams including architects, developers, operations, PMs, business analysts, and vendor partners
- Experience managing technical project budget and financials
- Strong experience with vendor management and building strong, collaborative vendor relationships
- 10+ plus years of a proven track record in an enterprise systems management role
- 5+ years of experience developing Workday Integrations with internal and external consumers across HCM, benefits provider, payroll provider, finance, and enterprise systems
- 5+ years as a technical manager role in a corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- 5+ years of advanced Workday HCM configuration experience
- Workday consultant or client pro-certified in two or more of the following areas: Workday Core HR, Workday Advanced report writing, Webservices, BIRT, EIBs or Workday Studio/Advanced Integrations (PECI)
- Experience defining HR systems strategy: designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations
- Experience with Security and Compliance
- Deep experience of managing third party suppliers
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, and sub-contractor relationships.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies.
- Thought leader in new/emerging technology and its application in business
- Experience with Agile project management
- Proficient in the use of Workday APIs, Workday Studio/Advanced Integrations (PECI)
- Experience with SDLC methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.