HR Specialist (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784864BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 15, 2021
The HR Specialist serves as a sounding board and provides advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. The person in this role has the ability to take ambiguous situations and provide clarity. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks. They are also the main point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, leaves of absence, corrective actions and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. This role is expected to assess, prioritize and act on client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate source. (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner – both internally and externally
- Solid knowledge of HR systems, policies and processes including: SAP (Display HR Master Data, Org hierarchy overview, and Display position), hiring approval process, performance management process, and talent and succession planning processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Proven ability to work with confidential information – while exercising sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment – while being flexible, adaptable and demonstrating an ability to problem solve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook; SAP and the Internet
- Ability to effectively manage project work while balancing priorities
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in an HR client facing professional role
- Experience with Visio, Excel, tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.