Human Resources Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031670 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Nov. 07, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney General Entertainment (DGE) is the content engine of The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the Company’s streaming platforms Disney+ and Hulu, and for cable and broadcast networks. DGE content businesses include 20th Television, ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Signature, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, Onyx Collective, FX, Hulu Originals, and National Geographic.
Disney General Entertainment (DGE) is looking for our next HR Business Partner. This role will support clients within our Content Marketing Agency spanning across multiple brands within DGE. In this role, you will be a consultant to the business - focused on planning and executing HR strategies, supporting leaders and employees and collaborating with various partners across the business. Your work will center on organizational and leadership effectiveness, employee engagement, performance management, change management, DE&I, and learning opportunities -while promoting an inclusive workplace culture, where individuals can collaborate and thrive. If you are an HR Business Partner who works well in a fast-paced environment and enjoys creative problem solving, apply today! .
Every day as an HR Business Partner is different!
- Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, HR partners and stakeholders
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of your clients’ organizations and the business
- Help build and execute on talent management activities including: forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging workforce analytics and insights. For all of these key areas, partnering with centers of excellence/specialists as needed
- Partner on integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development, engagement and retention.
- Counsel leaders and employees on policies and processes, including: performance management, improvement plans and employee relations
- Participate in planning and executing organization design projects that may include: implementing new structures, reimagining roles and/or processes to support rapidly shifting business demands.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a professional Human Resources role
- Proven experience managing multiple projects with strong time management & prioritization skills
- Curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the ‘big picture’ when making decisions and recommending effective HR solutions
- Ability to position self as a credible, proactive and trusted thought partner who drives results
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and impactful manner for the appropriate audience
- Ability to use data and analytics to support recommendations
- Knowledge of HR industry practices and employment & labor law
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
We’re excited if you have:
- Entertainment background, experience
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment
- Proficient in Workday
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.