Human Resources Specialist (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10010448 Location Burbank, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business ABC Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The HR Specialist sits at the intersection of the Production HR Business Partner team and the Productions and is in a unique position to help shape the production employee experience. The HR Specialist provides advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to help provide comprehensive support. They are also the main point of contact for client-related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes and training. This role will support the continued coordination, development and sustainment of training for all DGE productions.
- Partner with the production coordinators across all shows to plan and schedule timely compliance training, show leadership training and development programs for Production leadership.
- Maintain accurate and timely electronic and hard copy (where applicable) production employee records regarding the status of compliance training eligibility, assignment, and completion; manage process for ensuring personnel who miss live in-person training receive alternative compliant training.
- Foster and strengthen documentation process for trends and insights with vendors (GLAAD, ESL, EAP).
- Maintain comprehensive up-to-date show list for all DGE productions, including training status for shows and individual production workers and ownership of sign-in sheets on a shared drive.
- Support the development and implementation of the compliance training program by providing operational expertise, direction, and project management skills.
- Partner with third party training web-based vendors, including Contract Services, to obtain and maintain accurate and timely records regarding status of compliance training completion.
- Recognize different training requirements based on location and studio policy, and ensure relevant training and documentation is provided based on these needs.
- Report out regarding compliance training completion to key stakeholders, and analyze, synthesize, and extrapolate key insights gleaned from data and analytics.
- Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the ‘big picture’.
- Solutions-oriented professional that enjoys thinking ‘outside the box’ in order to come up with the best solution to meet client and business needs.
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering high quality results and follow through.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the television and production space.
- Relationship focused, with approachable style and ability to establish rapport with production employees and internal partners at all levels.
- Resourceful in navigating various company policies and processes, in order to ensure a comprehensive response to a client need, or inquiry.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly ambiguous environment. Adaptable in navigating through change.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Management, Human Resources Management or a related discipline.
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.