Immigration SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725807BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 20, 2019
- Under supervision of the Global Mobility Immigration Sr. Manager, prepare visa files by gathering and reviewing proper documentation and information from segment Human Resources, Global Mobility Account Managers and employees.
- Perform preliminary review of visa files as trained by Immigration Sr. Manager to ensure documents are complete, align with each other and are accurate; obtain education evaluations from third party companies as needed; request filing fee checks; and update case management site.
- Work with compensation professionals to prepare H-1B actual wage analysis materials. Assess peer group and review actual wage analysis for accuracy and completion. Review survey documentation used to establish H-1B prevailing wage for sufficiency and compliance with DOL guidelines.
- Coordinate Green Card cases under direction of Global Mobility Account Managers and Immigration Sr. Manager. Gather and review initial documentation; coordinate review of case strategy with appropriate partners; request checks for filing fees and keep all partners updated throughout process. Work with Talent Acquisition Partner, and hiring manager as applicable, to evaluate applicants for green card recruitment; coordinate documentation of recruitment effort and maintain documentation as required by immigration law
- Draft various types of letters to support visa work using approved templates.
- Develop job comparison materials to support impact analysis of job changes on visa status and pending green card applications.
- Under the supervision of the Immigration Senior Manager, support Global Mobility Account Managers in all aspects of client and case management. Track and report case status and key deadlines. Assist in long-range planning related to visa extensions and green card case initiations. Support H-1B public access file, PERM audit file and I-9 compliance activities. Support appropriate reporting related to taxation of immigration costs. Contribute to discussions on immigration issues and individual case strategies. Assist in development and delivery of educational materials and activities to support business segments in partnering effectively with Global Mobility and Disney Legal on immigration matters.
- 1-2 years’ experience in immigration/global mobility or related
- Understanding of business immigration law and case management basics.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to identify potential legal and compliance issues.
- Strong skills in MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize work and work in a team setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience in immigration/global mobility or related
- Background in MS SharePoint and MS Access desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Juris Doctor
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.