Inker and PainterApply NowApply Later Job ID 826568BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jul. 13, 2021
The Inker and Painter position is part of a small, but talented team who produces hand crafted cels via a legacy process that dates back to the earliest days of the Disney Studio. The work site for this role is in the Ink and Paint building on the main Disney Studio Lot in Burbank.
- Must possess a strong color esthetic, along with demonstrated color matching skills and composition
- Ability to perform the following functions:
- dry brush, stippling, applying China Marker (grease pencil) and sponging
- Strong drawing skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Able to paint on polyester and acetate cel material
- Smooth opaque painting
- Ability to work with acrylic paints
- Accuracy on hitting the line (being able to paint right up to the line and not have any over-the-line paint that would need to be fixed; painting right up to line and not have any light showing between paint and the line.)
- Ability to produce clean sets and unscratched cels
- Must have awareness and appreciation of the canon of Disney animated films and characters
- Painting - includes painting employee cel editions, limited editions, and any special cels that are commissioned for the department to create
- Inking - includes inking employee cel editions, limited editions, and any special cels that are commissioned for the department to create
- Numbering cels and creating numbering guides; special effects like dry brush, applying transparent paint; redrawing of rough animation; rendering to match background; cleaning and checking cels; acting as final checker
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed (training will be provided if necessary)
- This is a regular hire position that typically works a 32hr work week. Monday-Thursday
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.