Integrated Planning & Marketing ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 808271BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world
The Integrated Planning & Marketing Manager will partner with leaders in marketing, business development, product, programming, and ad sales to create opportunities that drive fan engagement and conversion to SVOD (Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+) from our Entertainment properties to achieve DMED’s strategic goals of increasing revenue and marketing effectiveness, while managing the cost of doing business.
- Develop and execute cross-platform audience engagement and owned channel marketing programs across TWDC Entertainment brands (ABC, Freeform, National Geographic, FX, Disney Channel Worldwide, and Disney Digital) to help drive conversion to SVOD (Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+)
- Utilize a data-informed approach that considers audience behavior and demo data to optimize for increased viewership, retention, and monetization
- Lead brainstorms and work cross functionally with Programming and Growth Marketing teams to develop bold and innovative ideas that drive audience retention and fuel fandoms across show premieres/finales, award shows, movies, stunts, and livestream on a daily basis
- Monitor performance and create reports on all audience development and fan engagement initiatives to provide learnings on all programs
- Advocate for and communicate to network marketing and sales teams any new digital content or product offering across Owned and 3rd party platforms that maximize views and audience engagement across the portfolio
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to create alignment on multiplatform audience engagement opportunities (e.g. digital experiences around franchises like The Bachelor and Award Show’s such as The Oscars)
- Assist on the editorial and short form video strategy for live events by establishing workflows and managing distribution partners (e.g. YouTube and Hulu) with Marketing and Sales
- Obtain approvals from internal stakeholders (Marketing, Studio, Legal, Business Development etc.) on solutions that use TWDC brands to generate new revenue streams
- +4 years in media, with experience in Audience Development, Product, Ad Sales, Marketing, or Distribution
- Proactive and skilled at creating rich, dynamic and effective audience engagement solutions, write ups and decks
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate ideas and concepts to senior level executives
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for entertainment, television, SVOD platforms and emerging media
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills to support business decision-making
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Keynote (Photoshop a plus)
- Personal experience with social media, OTT platforms (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) and a fan of digital-first content (Disney+, Hulu, HBO, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix)
- Ability to effectively navigate cross-functionally to build consensus amongst key stakeholders
- BA Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.