Interactive Designer (Project Hire)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 701390BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 04/09/2019
In this position, you will be tasked with creating visually appealing solutions across multiple internal products and platforms. This is including, but not limited to, websites, software applications, marketing assets, presentations and other digital entities. From concept to implementation, you will consider the users’ needs and the business goals, as well as find ways to update and improve the experience overall.
- Understand and work to meet requirements, creative direction and visual brand guidelines.
- Work with usability researchers to plan and analyze user testing data
- Determine clear, concise solutions to complex challenges
- Create user interface mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to stakeholders
- Design visually striking and robust experiences that highlight our products’ unique content
- Provide pixel perfect mocks and detailed specs/requirements when needed
- Regularly connect with Design Lead to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies
- Closely collaborate with multiple development teams to ensure designs are properly implemented and interactions look flawless
- Research and stay informed of current design trends, techniques and best practices.
- 3+ years work experience on a product team
Portfolio showcasing unique, creative concepts and solid experience in designing usable interfaces
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, and Invision
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Strong background in color, typography, iconography, branding, graphic manipulation and layout
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping
- Ability to translate user testing data into practical and logical solutions
- Organized, resourceful and dependable
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and contribute to the team, but also to work independently
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment, and turn around work quickly while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Previous experience working in sprints and with JIRA Agile
- Illustration skills
- Understanding of HR and/or performance management products a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.