Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Interactive Hair Modeling & Deformation Technology Graduate InternApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635114BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 31, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology Department develops software for our animated films. Software Engineers work closely with production users to create tools for modeling, rigging, animation, dynamics, shading, effects, look, and/or rendering while leveraging experience in graphics technology, mathematics, and research. Software engineers in the rendering team are responsible for researching and developing the tools used to generate images for our movies.
Responsibilities include, collaboration on any/all the following objectives:
- Review state of the art publications on the subject
- Extend current deformation algorithm and interface to incorporate time
- Explore alternate curve deformation approaches
- Explore artist-friendly interfaces for crafting poses and desired motion behavior
- General computer graphics background
- Geometric deformation algorithms, optimization techniques
- C++ and Python coding experience in a Linux environment
- Maya API : deformers and interactive context UI
- Familiarity with the movie production process
Required EducationGraduate level student pursuing a Master's or PhD from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the assignment.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.