Journey Engineer – Y4 Finishing
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 795662BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 24, 2021
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Disney Post Production Engineering Studio Technology team has an exciting opportunity for the role of DI/Finishing Engineer.
Please note, this is an IATSE 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Responsibilities:• Installation, deployment and maintenance of hardware, operating systems and software
• Initiation of and participation in departmental and site-wide engineering projects.
• Specification, documentation and communication of requirements for engineering tasks across the enterprise.
• Technical assistance to a wide range of end users in a customer-service oriented organization.
• Mentoring and advising on best practices for Systems Engineering personnel throughout the department.
• After hours, holiday and weekend support on-call 24/7 as scheduled in rotation with other engineers
Basic Qualifications:• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to provide thorough written documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform as an individual and on a team.
• Scripting and programming abilities that maximize efficiency in daily tasks.
• Self-guided triage and follow-through skills to best respond to assigned duties.
• Degree in Computer Science or in a related field. Significant industry experience may be substituted.
• Four to six years’ experience in a large, high-performance technical computing site.
• Three years’ experience in installation, deployment and maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux workstations and servers.
• Three years’ experience in installation, deployment and maintenance of Windows 10 workstations and servers (including AD)
• Experience in supporting mission-critical systems to ensure high availability.
• Excellent working knowledge of Video, Sound and Color (ex. video & sound routing, video & sound processing and color calibrations)
• Experience with networking with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and other directory services, used across local and wide-area/metro-area networks of varying topologies.
• Hands-on experience with large-scale backup solutions and storage technologies.
• Direct experience with multi-terabyte Netapp (or other) NAS installations as well Quantum StorNext is a plus.
• Working Knowledge of Digital Intermediate processes and software knowledge of (Resolve, Flame and Baselight) is a plus.
- Please note, this is an IATSE 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.