Labor Relations CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 987953BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jun. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Oversee and track departmental show assignments
- Oversee implementation and use of Net Docs document storage system
- Maintain departmental data base tracking grievance, arbitration filings and hearing dates, information requests, and administrative agency matters
- Investigate and respond, or assistance in responding, to union claims for late pay penalties, salary upgrades, and requests for information
- Draft and send regularly required notices to guilds involving directors, assistant directors and others
- Complete adherence letters for collective bargaining agreements and residual guarantee notices upon request
- Assist in preparation of new labor agreement summaries and distribute to appropriate DGE business units.
- Prepare PowerPoint and Excel Spreadsheets as required for negotiations or internal presentations.
- At least 2 years or more in an administrative role and/or equivalent experience supporting an executive
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail, proven by the ability to exercise appropriate judgment in executing tasks without supervision
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Strong proficiency with computers, phones and office equipment
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (E.g. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and working in a Windows environment
- Reliability handling confidential information
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships
- Takes initiative and pride in work and is not afraid to make suggestions or propose alternative ways of doing things
- A positive outlook, a can-do attitude, and a calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected in a fast-paced environment
- NetDocs, Zoom and PowerPoint a plus
- Experience working in a labor relations, business affairs, or legal affairs department of an entertainment company a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in media related field or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.