Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Labor Relations Internship, WDT (JD) - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 710633BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
We have an exciting Labor Relations opportunity available this spring, based out of our LA office.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the department in preparing for and attending collective bargaining negotiations
- Conducting legal research and writing memorandum on matters involving labor law
- Assisting with handling of grievances or arbitrations under collective bargaining agreements
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role….
- A focus in labor, employment or entertainment law and/or completed several entertainment related classes
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree and currently enrolled at an accredited law school
- In your 1L year at the time of the internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are January through May/June 2020
- Candidate must be available to work part- time hours (approximately 15-20 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later