Already applied?View Dashboard
Launchpad Program Manager (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700200BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Launchpad Program Manager in Burbank, CA. This is a 12 month project hire role anticipated to end by September, 2020.
Responsibilities:Role will be primary contact for market outreach and act as the selection process lead for Disney’s Launchpad Incubator. Additionally, will manage day-to-day Disney Launchpad processes, including:
- Selection process of up to 5K applicants
- Third-party screeners
- Review applications
- Project manage website/CMS weekly with vendor
- Speak internally about program (when Director, D&I Market unavailable)
- Physical Production, in partnership with Disney Live Action
- Bi-weekly budget and production meetings
- Oversee physical production of up to 6 shoots, including on-set visits
- Recruit crew
- Mentorship process
- Lead and organize mentorship trainings and meetings
- Develop overall script development and post-production process
- AFI Education
- Host each nighttime class and one Saturday field trip to the AFI campus. (Held once or twice on the Disney lot for 13 weeks). Moderate Q&A with Disney executive (prep them beforehand).
- Launchpad Directors
- Check-in weekly and course-correct program based on feedback
- Work actively with Disney+ for Phase 2 of the program - further development
- Oversee and manage bi-weekly legal work
- Manage day to day Disney Launchpad marketing and comms (w. Director oversight)
- Marketing and materials (sizzle reel, key art, movie posters)
- Social Media
- Premiere/cast and crew screening
- Synergy opportunities
- Provide oversight and direction to Coordinator.
- 4+ years of creative executive work, preferably within a Studio or related creative environment
- Proven ability to develop and execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
- Strategic thinker with superior collaboration skills
- Keen understanding of the creative process and strong script development skills
- Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong external / industry network of creative talent including strong relationships with writers, directors, agents, managers and other executives including SVOD (Netflix, Amazon, etc.)
- Recognizes creative talent quickly and builds long-term relationships
- Previously established and/or led an inclusion talent development program such as a writers, directors or actors program
- Worked in a “new media” creative environment such as SVODs or OTTs
- Deep understanding of the shifting media landscape and what stories resonate
- Comfortable interacting with high-level creative talent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.