Layout Finaling ArtistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746501BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Feb. 05, 2020
cutting-edge technology to create stories and films with timeless appeal. Layout Artists stage
and block the cameras and characters in virtual environments through a combination of skills
both artistic and technical.
A central component of Disney’s storytelling process is the work done in Layout. Layout
transforms a film’s art, storyboards, and assets into the shots that audiences around the world
will see on the big screen.
Walt Disney Animation Studios is seeking Layout Finaling Artists to join its studio in Burbank,
Final Layout builds and checks the accuracy of shots and makes necessary fixes to each shot
before they leave Layout and Animation. A Final Layout Artist is responsible for the integrity of
their shot files and for fixing the file’s camera, sets and props (as needed), before publishing the
file for consumption by downstream departments.
• Strong knowledge of the Layout process.
• Must have and demonstrate strong cinematic training and knowledge.
• Must have an understanding of animation and animation pipeline.
• Must have solid Maya skills and training (proprietary tools will be taught).
• Linux OS experience is recommended.
• Excellent communication skills- written and oral.
• Basic understanding of modeling, texturing and lighting.
• Ability to track and stay on top of detailed information.
• Solid understanding of production priorities.
• Ability to problem solve and share solutions.
• Willingness to work with others and take direction from show Supervisors.
• Experience working with and editing text files is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent experience.
• A reel of your recent and/or past Layout work that shows one or more sequences of shots in
continuity. This is essential
• A resume that details your recent/ past work history
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.