Lead Account ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 775506BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 01, 2021
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life, and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Lead Account Manager will oversee the delivery process of episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, and trailer content to various major platforms globally. Some of the key day-to-day tasks will include inventory research, setting up the order in our order management tool, curating source assets between mastering, territory offices, and vendors, communicating delivery ETAs to customers, clients, and internal business ops team, dealing with rejections, establishing a process SLA (Service Level Agreement), and managing vendor & supplier performance metrics. This role will maintain, update & champion the use of various systems we use for delivery and QC to track the status and analyze the progress.
- Being the lead account manager to both local and global accounts. This includes providing exceptional customer service, taking orders and translating them into executable jobs, vendor management, planning & managing & communicating a delivery schedule, and maintaining great relationships with clients.
- Manage all aspects of Servicing Operations for both Episodic and Feature content to ensure right the first time and on-time delivery of orders to 200+ global retailers the department services. This includes being involved and contributing to the localization strategy and planning efforts, tracking assets and getting all relevant assets prepped, issue resolution, communicating to internal and external stakeholders the release strategy, and being the expert on all matters related to the account(s) being managed.
- Own key processes and metrics and continuously look for process improvement opportunities to covert the legacy process into the End-to-End servicing flow to increase bandwidth (scalability) and maximize process efficiency.
- Perform inventory research per client’s request to quantify the scope of project/order in order to set a realistic expectation with the client and the internal business ops team.
- Establish and maintain an SLA (Service Level Agreement) to clearly communicate our capacity to the client and the internal business ops team. The goal is to be flexible in the era where post-theatrical windows keep getting shorter but still maintain the process to deliver the highest quality product by implementing the End-to-End process and having a robust SLA.
- All other duties as assigned by Leadership
- 5 years post-production, servicing and localization workflows, asset management, and client/vendor management experience.
- Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital distribution specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables, and quality metrics.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements proactively.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and technologies.
- Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
- Deep understanding of A/V technical formats including IMF, UHD, HDR, Dolby-Vision, ATMOS, and pro-res as well as localization requirement for dub and sub-assets internationally.
- Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and 27001, 6sigma, PMP, and AGILE
- Bachelors level in an A/V Engineering or Post Production relevant subject
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.