Lead Business Relationship Manager (BRM) – Content Distribution
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764011BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 05, 2020
Job Summary:Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment is responsible for TWDC’s international media businesses and our suite of direct-to-consumer streaming services. DTCI aligns technology, programming distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver highly relevant personalized entertainment experiences to global audiences of all ages. DTCI set out to do just that as we came together as an organization last year to prepare for Disney+ launch, as we continue to grow ESPN+ and Hulu, and make sure our advertising, technology and global sales teams are integrated and aligned to be the very best our industry has to offer.
DTCI Technology is at the heart of this transformation, and Technology Operations plays a critical role in the advancement of DTCI’s mission. DTCI Technology count on the technology operations team to engage and partner with business leaders across all of our business segments, manage work intake processes, prioritize investments and resources, drive operational effectiveness and efficiency, deliver global program and project management, monitor and communicate key performance indicators and deliver foundational technology critical for day-to-day operations.
Business Relationship Management (BRM) is a service and expertise function. Its success is derived from the intelligent counsel and service it provides to the parts of Direct to Consumer International (DTCI). It drives work intake and supports stakeholders with prioritization, develops business analysis and requirements, communicates roadmaps, develops business cases, facilitates quarterly reviews, provides regular transparency across all work efforts, and delivers on key programs that drive efficiencies and leverages DTCI technology global scale. These teams are aligned to the business stakeholders across the entirety of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) who depend on products and services delivered by DTCI Technology.
The Lead BRM – Content Distribution will be responsible for overseeing multiple initiatives and coordinating the delivery of work across the Direct to Consumer International organization for its customers, both internal and external. Lead BRM is able to understand business needs, provide subject matter expertise guidance, recommend best practies, and ideate how business requirements transform into technical solutions. Builds and maintains strong stakeholder relationships with Business clients, demonstrating a deep understanding of client functions in effort to guide technology priorities and workflow efficiencies. Maintain high alignment with multiple cross-functional teams in supporting the successful distribution of The Walt Disney Company’s digital content. Candidate should be aware of the business and technology trends in the Media and Entertainment industry, preferably with experience in Content Distribution products and concepts – specifically Rights Management and EMA (Electronic Merchants Association) Avails.
- Interviews internal clients to gather, clarify, and document technology change requests/opportunities. Identify business operational and organizational risks and issues; recommend mitigation plan or organizational changes.
- Manages priorities and requests from internal clients, cross-functional, cross-segment, and other internal teams.
- Create and maintain documentation including business requirements, workflows, and executive summaries. Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations. Act as a liaison with the Product teams to ensure understanding of the business needs and priorities
- Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders at large including executives.
- Develops understanding of internal client operations, business processes and systems in order to establish current-state and drive future-state workflows. Provide functional business insights into problem solving, with consideration of business operational and organization impacts. Partner with the key subject matter experts to support organizational changes and drive system adoption.
- 6 years of experience in technical field
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization, executing on several intiiatives concurrently while balancing competing priorities
- Collaborative work-style with exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Strong business domain expertise with 360 degree view into client strategy and priorities
- Strong influence and negotiation skills required to manage expectations at all levels
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to be resourceful and collaborative in managing challenging tasks
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with impeccable followthrough
- Expertise in the entertainment industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.