Lead DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 943059BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
- You will be responsible leading and inspiring project teams
- You apply your intuition and creativity to build compelling design strategies that fulfill users’ needs for our consumer-facing products
- You will be a point of contact is coordinate requirements with stakeholders
- You will define systems, app, and web experiences for consumer-facing products
- You will be expected to partner with a variety of teams, inspiring confidence that your team will deliver compelling user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well informed on time.
- You will work closely with teammates to produce design solutions using sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- You will be responsible for presenting design work to partners and stakeholders
- Your design work sets an example for other designers to follow
- You will be responsible for mentoring and growing fellow designers and their skills on the Platform Design Team
Basic Qualifications:As an applicant to this role, we ask that your portfolio demonstrates: -
- 7+ years of relevant industry experiences
- You have experience designing consumer-facing apps/websites, complex user flows across app and web, or delivered new innovation that disrupt the convention
- You have an expert understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- You have a deep understanding of the needs for consumer experiences and how to design product experiences innovatively
- You are hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
- You have a strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- You have a strong work ethic, are reliable, adaptable, and work well with others
- You have the ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language
- You have expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.