Lead Network Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 837669BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:The Business Network Design Services (BNDS) organization is responsible for network technology, thought leadership and the consultative and collaborative design and engineering of unique and complex network solutions that perpetually align technology and business need for the Walt Disney Company. BNDS partners with each and every Disney business segment, each offering unique and challenging opportunities to design, build and implement purpose-built network solutions.
Working in BNDS differs from the ordinary, offering the opportunity to work with a wide variety of business segments, including Marvel, LucasFilm, Disney Interactive, Consumer Products, Parks & Resorts, Cruise Line and Pixar (to name only a few). Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s rarely resemble each other as BNDS finds itself transitioning from building the Shanghai Disneyland Resort, to networking the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars Land, Supporting the Oscars, Mergers and Acquisitions, and much more.
Responsibilities:The Lead Network Engineer West (Lead) works closely with the business to collaboratively ideate, develop and implement innovative technology solutions that enable business unit capability needs. The Lead is seen as critical partner to the business unit team, and partners closely through all aspects of solution development and deployment.
What You Will DoPeople
- Mentors team members in the areas of technical aptitude and expertise, soft skills, risk analysis and relationship management
- Adeptly performs relationship management across all levels of the business unit and network services teams
- Directly participates in and oversees the design, engineering and deployment of business unit network solutions and capabilities
- Advocates for the business unit, and it needs in driving new standards, proceses and the adoption of new technologies
- Oversees and manages quality service delivery from vendors and 3rd parties
- Performs risk management with respect to project oversight and solution development oversight, quickly raising issues to leadership
- Applies business rationale in the review of designs and solutions developed by the team, ensuring fit for use and financial efficacy
- Understands how data can improve efficiency and employs methods to exploit these benefits
- Provides expert technical leadership and is adept in the core technologies required.
- BU specific technologies – expert understanding of not only core network concepts and technologies, but also maintains working knowledge of BU specific technologies
- Drives development and enhancement of vendor technologies, strategies and roadmaps
- Drives adherence to technical standards, and where appropriate, proposes new standards and technologies
Behaviorly, the Lead:
- Has demonstrated success in the areas of team leadership, management and mentorship
- Can scale influence and leadership across a broad array business use cases and projects
- Understands and can practically apply the concepts of infrastructure service delivery, and service roadmaps.
- Seeks to understand customer perspective/feedback and informs leadership (voice of the customer)
- Thinks in terms of technologies and business/technical capabilities
- Can comprehend and apply architectures and frameworks to engineering designs and design reviews
- Understands delivery of infrastructure as a service
- Possesses strong communication skills resulting in the ability to produce clear, concise and consumable verbal and written communications/depictions
- Is self organizing and capable of autonomous execution
- Is self aware
- Is able to effectively interact with cross functional senior technical and executive resources
- 10 yrs professional experience in technology infrastructure
- 8 yrs professional experience in network engineering
- 5 yrs professional experience in network architecture
- 5 yrs professional experience in IT service delivery
- 5+ yrs technology evaluation, problem resolution and project management experience.
- Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
- Strong customer service skills and orientation.
- Knowledge of film entertainment, hospitality, video distribution and broadcast.
- Experience in Wide area and Local Area network design, configuration, installation, evaluation, problem resolution, and project management.
- Deep understanding of network concepts such as LAN, WAN, Internet and WiFi
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and oversee complex projects
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept at written and oral communications
- Strong requirements facilitation skills
- Ability to interface and collaborate directly with IT constituents, executives, business partners, and vendors
- Ability to think innovatively
- Self-organizing and motivated
- 10 yrs in a large enterprise environment that provides 7x24 services to a broad internal customer base.
- Media, entertainment, broadcast industry experience preferred
- TOGAF or Zachman
- Project Management
- Current advanced vendor specific certifications for engineering and/or architecture (Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, business, or other related scientific or technical discipline desired
- Education can be substituted by at least 10 years of directly relevant IT experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.