Lead Software Engineer Cloud Development
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765128BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 28, 2020
Job Summary:As a part of the Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, our teams are responsible for developing the tools, platforms and methodologies that deliver performant, resilient, and efficient private and public cloud platforms and architectures supporting consumer facing applications and brands across Disney, ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFilm.
- Writes code that establishes and enhances frameworks, typically for software programs and systems that have little or no precedent.
- Leads cross-functional teams in project proposal, architecture and design.
- Oversees technical maintenance. Performs troubleshooting for systems that tend to be large and highly complex.
- Design, development, documentation and/or testing.
- Act in managerial capacity for technical needs as necessary
- Empower team members to excel in all areas of team responsibility
- Provide subject matter expertise in observability
- Lead the design and implementation of systems to collect, analyze, notify and display operational metrics.
- Leading project/planning efforts, architectural design, engineering, attending meetings /w various teams
- Implementing, Integrating, and configuring solutions, tools, infrastructure and systems
- Troubleshoot, Conduct Post Mortems, Provide Level 2 & 3 Maintenance and Support
- 7 or more years of experience in software engineering, SRE, or DevOps roles
- Advanced coding experience with the one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Go
- You should know Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code
- Advanced Experience with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, ECS, IAM, S3, etc
- Expertise in configuring, deploying, tuning, and supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms
- Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
- Experience with web caching and load balancing technologies such as HAProxy, Varnish, and Nginx
- Experience with distributed cache and message brokers
- Detailed knowledge of core internet and networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN)
- Experience integrating with CI/CD platforms and tool chains such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Gitlab
- Experience applying security best practices to application, system, and public cloud infrastructure
- Experience integrating with commercial and open source monitoring and telemetry platforms
- Experience collecting, analyzing and displaying operational metrics
- Experiencing building and designing large distributed systems
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.