Lead Software Engineer-DevOpsApply NowApply Later Job ID 942516BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 30, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The candidate we are looking for has 5+ years’ experience with creating and maintaining CI and infrastructure solutions with a strong focus on the end user experience. This individual is expected to supply strong technical guidance but is also willing to supply working technology solutions themselves. They should understand the SDLC (software development lifecycle) of modern application deployments and understand the application of DevOps tooling at an expert level.
Our team is motivated by a desire to continuously improve and create efficiencies within the DMED organization. We are a fast-paced group that takes great pride in creating cutting edge tools, and constantly improving upon them. We do not shy away from tough problems and take delight in solving the hard one's other folks might say are impossible to solve at scale.
Just some of the exciting products we work on include the websites & mobile apps for ESPN & ESPN Fantasy, ABC / ABC News, National Geographic and Marvel Unlimited! We work very closely with these brands and teams and strive to be as close to the product as possible as we are also fans ourselves!
As a member of our team, you will strive to accomplish the following goals:
- Working knowledge of the organization's business and infrastructure
- Leading the successful design & implementation of solutions for complex technical problems with DMED engineering teams
- Owning the architecture for frameworks and tooling used across multiple products
- Defining processes and best practices for DMED Productivity Engineers to deploy and update applications into the existing infrastructure
- Designing and maintaining processes, workflows and solutions to be used with our partner software engineering teams that decrease the friction of assuring Disney Quality
- Leading and taking part in technical design discussions, and influencing technical decisions
- Influencing and enforcing software engineering best practices within the team
- Becoming a core member of our Productivity Engineering team, helping others increase productivity through innovation, and championing the core value of Disney Quality
- Developing and maintaining Productivity Engineering’s build pipelines, tools, applications and infrastructure within DMED cloud architecture
- Coordination of complex tasks with all teams & stakeholders
- Mentoring junior developers and providing in depth code reviews and technical analysis
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on DevOps experience
- Expert level experience with CI industry tooling and development frameworks
- Examples: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (Amazon Web Services) & AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, GitLab / GitHub CI
- Working experience with client application delivery tooling such as FastLane & XCode, Gradle
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile approaches
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality at every level
- Passion around driving best practices in the testing space
- Willingness to take challenges head-on while being part of a team
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.