Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 881086BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) group is comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services. The DMED segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Financial Intelligence team is responsible for building and maintaining products that collect, analyze, and present financial and accounting data across the DMED Digital Media Supply Chain (DMSC).
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead collaborative and innovative efforts to deliver best-in-class financial and accounting data and intelligence systems, and application tooling. You will have an opportunity to reimagine solutions, challenge the status quo, and contribute to the quality and advancement of our DMED Technology products. You will work alongside a talented group of financial technology experts, designing systems, contributing code, analyzing and developing possible solutions using standard procedures, and building your knowledge of the company, processes, and brands, while fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position is open to Remote Work
- Provide technical leadership and architectural direction for services and applications.
- Develop specifications and contribute high quality code.
- Consult with product and business stakeholders to provide engineering expertise during application discovery, planning and integration.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical incidents, root cause analysis, and mitigation solutioning.
- Present technical issues, solutions and overviews to senior and executive stakeholders.
- 6+ year’s industry experience in designing, developing, implementing, or supporting software applications.
- Proven understanding of full stack software development technologies and principles
- Experience managing and developing distributed processing systems at scale
- Experience using message queue services and asynchronous parallel processing solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive business focused leader and self-starter
- Able to work effectively across multiple teams
- Experience working with
- High volume web applications, data platforms, and frameworks
- UI design and development
- Working knowledge of and proficiency using
- RESTful APIs
- OO software development, Java, Python
- AWS Cloud Technologies
- Familiarity or understanding of
- Deployment, monitoring, and QA best practices
- Finance and Accounting technologies and practices
- .Net, GraphQL, React
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or equivalent.
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.