Already applied?View Dashboard
Learning & Development RepresentativeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694438BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
The Learning & Development Representative is responsible for supporting the implementation and execution of WDT’s overall learning strategy, including open enrollment design and delivery as well as consultation - the customization and implementation of specific learning strategies for each line of business and targeted employee groups. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager, Learning, who is responsible for the strategy, design, and execution of segment-wide learning programs as well as customized, holistic development strategies supporting key businesses.
This role is based in Burbank, CA and reports to the Senior Manager, Learning.
Responsibilities:Client Consulting & Learning Delivery
- Partner closely with the Senior Manager to provide consulting services: understand and assess business/client goals and needs, identify performance and skills gaps, recommend and deliver holistic solutions
- Recommend and execute on solutions: negotiating and supporting external vendors and/or designing and facilitating internal solutions
- In-person and virtual facilitate open-enrollment courses for professional audiences including, but not limited to, courses on communication skills and orientation
- In-person and virtual facilitation and customizing of workshops or meetings for intact teams
- Project management and stakeholder management to ensure timely delivery of initiatives and projects that meet requirements and exceed expectations
- Design and update materials as necessary for segment or intact team workshop delivery
- Develop and maintain relationships cross-segment and with business clients
- Partner with Senior Manager to engage Organization and Talent Solutions Center of Excellence (COE) for project scoping when a new or formal solution is desired or required
- Negotiate and administer coaching/vendor contracts, invoicing, and assessments
- Identify and recommend measurement/evaluation strategy to assess effectiveness of programs
- Support client programs using the Learning Management System (LMS) including, but not limited to, scheduling courses, tracking enrollment, and granting credit
- Logistics for client programs including scheduling rooms, managing set up/tear down of equipment and materials, sending communications, and analyzing metrics data
- Back-up LMS and logistics support to department coordination of segment-wide learning offerings
- Design and manage the department marketing efforts, including, but not limited to, creating templates, writing stories, and/or partnering with COE and Communications partners
- Assist in the creation, organization, tracking and proofing of program materials such as, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, agendas, proposals, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in a fast paced corporate environment including progressive experience in performance consulting, training, learning & development, organizational development, and/or team development
- 2+ years’ experience in the design and facilitation of in-person and virtual learning programs
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills as well as exemplary customer service skills
- A self-starter – Ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and HR colleagues
- Strong project management/consultant skills and prioritization/organization skills for fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects while delivering high quality results
- Ability to effectively and professionally interface with high level executives, clients, business associates, and employees
- Ability to exercise good judgment, use discretion, work with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant
- Exceptional attention to detail – Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with varying complexity
- Ability to operate in ambiguity and adapt traditional approaches to meet stakeholder needs
- Analytical skills
- Experience with SAP and SharePoint
- Experience with Keynote
- Proven ability to facilitate both in-person and virtual workshops/learning events
- Design of marketing/course materials for wide distribution
- Instructional design experience for in-person, virtual, and online workshops
- Comfortable presenting and/or facilitating with all levels
- Deliver projects quickly; influence and direct without authority
- Event planning and logistics experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Training Development/Education
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.