Legal Assistant, Intellectual Property LegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 10070853 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 17, 2023
About the Role & Team
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Legal Department in Burbank, CA is seeking a Legal Assistant to support seven members of the copyright/ trademark legal team, including one attorney and six paralegals/rights clearance administrators. We are looking for a bright, energetic, upbeat and reliable person who can support over a wide range of issues, has strong organizational skills, and will exercise discretion and the highest level of ethics in connection with confidential information.
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings, and publishing activities.
What You Will Do
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage a fast-paced, wide-ranging desk
- Organize, manage and maintain filing system
- Manage calendars/schedule conference calls and meetings
- Assist with documents, decks and presentations
- Interact with internal executives and outside firms
- Prepare expense reports and ensure they are submitted in a timely manner
- Manage incoming and outgoing electronic and paper mail
- Oversee and manage deadlines related to ongoing projects and open matters
- Organize substantive materials in a professional manner
- Assist with other Corporate Legal Department administrative support responsibilities
- Answer phone calls in a professional and responsive manner
- Make arrangements for both domestic and international travel
This position requires teamwork with other assistants, paralegals and attorneys in the legal department. Applicants should have a cooperative work style, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude with respect to problem solving.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- At least one year prior administrative experience supporting a lawyer or executive
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience scheduling conference calls and meetings, dealing with the public, managing correspondence, managing electronic and paper mail and document filing systems, answering professional phone calls, arranging travel
- MS Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Sound and mature judgment on the prioritization of tasks
- Knowledge of Workday, NetDocs, Anaqua, or other Trademark Database preferred
- Exposure to copyrights and/or trademarks preferred
- Required: High School degree or equivalent
- Preferred: B.A. or B.S. degree strongly preferred
We offer a friendly and stimulating team-oriented professional environment. If you meet the above qualifications and thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply.
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The internal title for this position is Secretary V.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, California is $50,000.00 to $66,900.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The number of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.