Legal Executive Assistant, Corporate TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727307BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
Our Senior Executive Support Professionals are highly respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that partners with, supports and counsels our businesses on matters relating to technology and technological innovation initiatives and you would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to three executives, including two Assistant General Counsels and an Associate Principal Counsel for Technology.
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. Our team works with our businesses worldwide on complex technology, telecommunications and other matters, including ever-changing, cutting edge technologies that enable our businesses to succeed. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationships you form with the executives that you support are absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of Corporate Legal and Enterprise Technology and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance on others;
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Review your leaders’ schedules to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video conferences;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company and your leaders handle very sensitive matters on a regular basis;
- Draft letters and emails and documents on behalf of your leaders;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
- Assist other support professionals with hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like how to get things done within Disney and teamwork; and
- Exemplify the professionalism and ethical judgment necessary to be a member of the Disney Legal Department.
- At least 7 years supporting a Vice President and/or equivalent experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Experience with terminology and functions necessary for a legal department;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Concur, Legal Tracker, NetDocuments, and working in a Windows environment;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook, a can-do attitude and a sense of humor.
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working on technology contracts; and
- Experience working in a large public corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.