Legal Executive Assistant, Walt Disney StudiosApply Now Apply Later Job ID 728949BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Dec. 06, 2019
Our Senior Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that produces world renowned animated feature films and other animated content for Disney, and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the Assistant Chief Counsel. This position also provides administrative support to Principal Counsel, Associate Principal Counsel, and Counsels of Legal Affairs/Motion Picture Productions.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. Our small, highly collaborative team provides legal and business affairs support to all aspects of the animation studio. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, phone messages, preparing and revising legal documents and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of The Walt Disney Animation Studios and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different!
- Draft/redline, proofread, attach exhibits, manage and arrange for execution and distribution of agreements, including use of document management database;
- Answering telephone calls & take detailed notes; maintaining multiple calendars; scheduling meetings;
- Maintaining status charts of pending matters; preparing expense reports;
- Create files, binders and other office organization for development and production work
- Preparing and revising a variety of legal documents; preparing correspondence to both internal and external contacts;
- Photocopying, scanning, faxing, and distributing documents; ordering supplies; creating and maintaining attorneys’ contacts directory;
- Contributing to special projects, as assigned, as well as overall departmental efficiency; coordinating with the other department administrative assistants.
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- The candidate will have at least five (1) year of year administrative support experience assisting an entertainment attorney at an entertainment law firm or in-house legal department.
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Candidates also should be comfortable with technology and the internet, in general, and should be willing to learn new software such as also helpful: Excel, Power Point, Access, and Vizio.
- The candidate must be able to maintain a positive attitude while being proactive, resourceful and flexible, and have the ability to keep attorneys well-organized.
- Candidates must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. Daily work will require the ability to take initiative, work independently with good judgment, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- This position is part of a team. Candidates should be self-starters, have a cooperative work style and be prepared to multi-task and to cover additional duties as needed.
- A professional demeanor with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Must have or be willing to acquire notary license
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a large public corporation; and
- Good knowledge of legal documents.
Required EducationA.A. degree
Preferred EducationB.A. or B.S. degree strongly preferred
Additional Information:Some of the perks we offer include:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.