Legal Operations AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049492 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 25, 2023
The Walt Disney Company seeks a Legal Operations Analyst for the Corporate Legal and Government Affairs Department. Reporting to the Manager, Legal Operations, the Legal Operations Analyst should be self-driven, detail oriented, organized, proactive, and responsive to effectively manage reporting on vendor utilization and outside counsel spend, with a focus on effectiveness and efficiency using data visualization tools. This person must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good judgment and sound decision-making abilities to manage, at any given time, multiple reporting requests. The Legal Operations Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring the Legal Department operational processes and procedures support Departmental strategic goals by scoping and defining measurable metrics.
- Support and drive the Department’s outside counsel management program, including collecting and analyzing benchmarking data, maintaining law firm relationship data, and reporting of outside counsel and vendor legal spend
- Data analysis and visualization of various metrics including external spend metrics from different outside counsel rate repositories such as the Department’s matter management system Legal Tracker (fka Serengeti)
- Work closely with the Billing Rate Specialist on special timekeeper rate projects and analysis (e.g. rate analysis related to the Fox integration)
- Assist the Manager and Legal eBilling team in providing a metrics framework to streamline review of Legal Department RFPs
- Maintain and improve evaluation metrics of outside counsel, incorporating legal project management principles as needed.
- Create, deliver, and ensure quality of internal reporting to legal executives and clients by manipulating data from Legal Tracker in Excel using pivots, lookups, and other analytical tools (e.g. monthly and quarterly reporting for Litigation, Antipiracy, Patents groups)
- Collaborate with members of the Legal eBilling team, Corporate Finance team, legal executives, internal legal clients, and outside legal counsel on approaches to development of reporting metrics and analysis in order to provide internal legal clients with an easily manageable dashboard summarizing useful and relevant data
- Assist in coordinating and continuously improving legal programs and operations by leveraging legal project and change management expertise and best practices, including project charters, risk identification and mitigation, reports on performance and compliance, work breakdown structure, and flowcharts/process maps
- Provide assistance on ad hoc projects as required (e.g. documentation of policies and procedures, development of standardized reporting packages, as well as maintenance and testing of reporting tools and services)
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience required in similar role
- Similar experience in a large Corporate Legal Department or law firm
- Extremely organized and process oriented with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office suite, specifically strong proficiency in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, lookups, and other analytical tools within), Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of management, and communicate complex financial concepts clearly and effectively
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and liaise with multiple departments using strong project management skills
- Collaborative personality and a team player
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- 7 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Experience with SAP and legal time and billing systems preferred.
- Experience with legal project management principles preferred.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields required.
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $69,946 to $93,830 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.