Lighting ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 873989BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted May 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Lighting artists are responsible for lighting, rendering, and compositing shots together with both character and environment renders into a final frame until it meets the vision of the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
Lighting artists are expected to present shots in a dailies environment, effectively communicate issues regarding their shots, and deliver top-notch work within production deadlines.
- BA in Art, Digital Media, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
- Notable production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
- A strong visual sense and the ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple mediums
- Working knowledge of a node-based compositing system (i.e. Shake or Nuke) required
- Global illumination lighting such as V-Ray, Arnold or similar experience required
- Strong in-depth knowledge of Unix and/or Linux
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.