Localization Associate, Art & Metadata (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 966143BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Localization Associate is responsible for day-to-day administration of material supply as well as various aspects of localization operations. This person will be a central point of contact for vendors, global Disney offices and international dubbing studios. This job holder will meet negotiated milestone dates for their assigned titles by proactively identifying issues early in production. In addition, this job holder will need to propose solutions to issues and roadblocks that occur during production.
This is a project/ full time supplemental position.
- Take ownership of assigned production slate by providing solutions to workflow issues
- Provide timely feedback to Manager on delays or challenges
- Meet deadlines for dubbing work order creation
- Track various assets from order to archive
- Work with internal and external partners to lead the creation and delivery of dubbing credits
- Monitor vendor performance and provide detailed analysis to Manager
- Ensure thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assignments
- Proactively seek out reference materials by contacting various post production companies
- Drive the initiative to ensure that we are using the latest digital delivery technology
- Create structure in a dynamic and rapidly changing (growing) environment
- Supervise all logistics either via physical or digital delivery
- Document feature reference & dubbing operating procedures for outside vendors and internal Production Groups
- Supervise current and historical production schedule records
- Ad hoc projects on request independent of day-to-day Supervisor management
- Organize and store all deliverables and documentation in a manner that facilitates retrieval by others
Team Work Skills:
- Identifies and shares ideas, innovations and best practices that can benefit others
- Acknowledges and builds on the ideas of others
- Prior experience in managing dubbing workflows is a must
- Project management in localization (5+ years)
- Vendor management (5+ years)
- General knowledge of localization workflows in the entertainment industry
- General knowledge of dubbing and scripting creation
- Strong attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills
- Project Management tools: smart sheets, google sheets, MS Office
- Communications tools: slack, telegram
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.