Localization AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 878998BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
The Localization Operations team manages various localization activities including localized dubs and subtitles that global partners create.
They oversee the creation of the Dubbing Reference Packages (DRP) for all platforms (e.g., theatrical, Disney+, Star+, etc.) for Dub Studios to create dubs. They manage the character Key Names and Phrases (KNPs) to ensure worldwide consistency on all localized content
This team is the main point of contact for our Disney Character Voice offices that oversee creative intent for all dubs. They Project Manage the collection of Assignment of Rights contracts that voice actors sign to ensure their rights are being protected. As an extension, dubbing credits are also looked after to ensure actors are properly credited for their work
All dubbing orders are placed within the Localization group that allows the commencement for all foreign dubbing groups to perform work.
- Project Manage various localization workstreams across asset types
- Manage Vendor performance
- Create schedules/reports on a variety of areas
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, vendors, and production teams to facilitate the ordering, tracking and distribution required for localized assets
- Take ownership of assigned production slate by providing solutions to workflow issues
- Monitors tasks and assignments to ensure accurate and timely completion
- Work with internal and external partners to lead the creation and delivery of localized assets
- Provides operational support to team/department projects as required by the supervisor, including updating SOPs
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise through all stages of content preparation, asset creation and deliver
- Oversee the performance of vendors and ensure performance meets or exceeds standards and targets inclusive of time asset delivery and weekly milestones
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of the organization to achieve business objectives
- Support workstreams through project management, execution, asset prep facilitation, ordering and remediation
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in a relevant subject or equivalent amount of professional experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.