Look Development Artist - Marvel AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10004796 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Jul. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring for a Look Development Artist for a CGI animated series. Look Development Artists help build worlds and characters by creating the color, textures, and materials for everything you see in the final rendered images. The look development team works closely together as a team as well as with the other artistic and technical teams on the production.
- Thorough understanding of how painterly traditional and digital concept art can translate into 3D
- Work with the visual development team to help establish the look of the show and maintain a consistent look throughout the series
- Work from the vis dev artwork and translate it into the textures and material properties
- Be able to communicate how texture and lighting can inform the mood of the show
- Author materials, textures, and procedural instancing
- Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
- Surfacing and lighting work for key shots to be delivered to vendor
- Work closely with the Production Designer and Art Director to achieve the look of the show
- Bachelors degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
- 5+ years experience as a character and environment visual development look dev artist
- Strong Communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement highly stylized art direction
- Strong technical skills toward achieving an art-directable aesthetic
- Knowledge of materials and procedural geometry
- Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
- Physically-based rendering experience
- Substance, Mari, Photoshop, Maya, Nuke, Katana and Arnold experience required
- Strong understand of Lighting, Look Development and Comp
- Understanding of the DMP workflow
- Understanding the production pipeline
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Film Productions LLC, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Marvel Film Productions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.