Look Development ArtistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762328BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jun. 09, 2020
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the very best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new stories to the big screen for audiences around the world. Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions, and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation Studios is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
Our Look Development Artists are an important part of building the believable worlds and appealing characters in our films. They are responsible for creating the materials, textures, and geometric instances that define the look of environments, characters, and sets. We value self-motivated artists who thrive in a collaborative environment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Look Development Artist at our Burbank, CA studio.
- Work closely with asset supervisors and production designers to develop the look of the environments and characters of our animated films
- Author materials, textures, and procedural instancing (i.e. grooms, vegetation, etc)
- Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
- 4+ years experience in Environment and/or Character Look Development or as an Environment Artist (film/television/games)
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement highly stylized art direction
- Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of materials and procedural geometry
- Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
- Physically-based rendering experience
- Maya and Linux experience
- Understanding the production pipeline
- Shader-writing and scripting knowledge is beneficial
- Bachelor's degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
A reel of visual shots/examples exemplifying work in this area is required for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.