Look Development ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 921546BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Apr. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions, and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation Studios is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
Our Look Development Artists are responsible for creating the materials, textures, and geometric instances that define the look of environments, sets, characters and props. We value self-motivated artists who thrive in a collaborative environment. We currently have a couple of exciting opportunities for experienced Environment and Character Look Development Artists at our Burbank, CA studio.
- Work closely with asset supervisors and production designers to develop the look of the environments and characters of our animated films
- Author materials, textures, and procedural instancing
- Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
- Bachelors degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
- 4+ years experience in Environment Look Development or as an Environment
- Artist (film/television/games)
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement highly stylized art direction
- Strong technical skills toward achieving an art-directable aesthetic
- Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of materials and procedural geometry
- Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
- Physically-based rendering experience
- Maya experience
- Linux experience
- Understanding the production pipeline
- Shader-writing and scripting knowledge is beneficial
A reel of visual examples exemplifying work in this area is requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.