Machine Learning for Computer Graphics Graduate Intern, Summer 2020
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 714521BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted 27/11/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology Department develops software for our animated films. Software Engineers work closely with production users to create tools for modeling, rigging, animation, dynamics, shading, effects, look, and/or rendering while leveraging experience in graphics technology, mathematics, and research. Software engineers in the rendering team are responsible for researching and developing the tools used to generate images for our movies.
Responsibilities:The goal of this internship is to explore Machine Learning Techniques for use in Computer Graphics.
Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and Deep Learning Models
Experience with Tensorflow, NumPy, Python
Experience with implementing Neural Networks for Deep Learning
Knowledge of computer graphics
Experience with Data Prep and Data Analysis for Machine Learning
Knowledge of Computer Graphics, Geometry
Experience with Maya or Houdini
Required EducationGraduate level student pursuing a Master's or PhD from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 - August/September 2020. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.