Manager, Application Support - Financial Systems
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 677742BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 17/06/2019
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Application Support and Operations group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automation.
Responsibilities:We look to add team members who are focused on delivery, passionate about customer service, make data-driven decisions, are life-long learners, and prefer to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
The Manager, Application Support is a service management and continuous improvement-minded technology leader with a passion for problem solving, strong relationships skills, application development expertise and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally. This role will provide day to day management and oversight of the technologies / services supporting a group of Value Chains within Global Finance:
•Order to Cash
•Financial Close Process
•Forecast & Planning
Utilizing service management and application development best practices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing team members and vendors to deliver 24 x 7 user & technical support
- Providing quality and timely resolution of application defects/ problems & enhancement requests through the management of the application development lifecycle
- Running an agile-based request management workflow, focused on maximizing velocity, improving quality and reducing backlog
- Partnering with Business & Solution Architects to identify opportunities for improved customer service, increased agility and availability
- Working with multiple vendor/partners to deliver existing services against Key Performance Indicators, managing performance against contractual terms and identifying new / rationalizing existing services
- Ensuring Service Operations, Knowledge Management, Continuous Improvement, Service Level & Availability Management are operationalized across the team
- Developing and guiding direct reports by providing career path conversations and mentoring, helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans
- 5+ years successfully leading an application development & support team with significant experience in Global Financial management systems
- 3+ years’ experience supporting SAP ECC
- 3+ years’ experience supporting Cognos TM/1
- 3+ years managing outsourced solution providers, including contract negotiations, on-going operations and performance management
- Experience with industry leading systems across:
-Financial Close Process
-Forecast & Planning
- Must have extensive knowledge of SAP ECC, with emphasis in SAP FI and SAP SD
- Must have extensive knowledge of Cognos BI TM/1
- Must have practitioner-level skills in agile application development.
- Must have practitioner-level skills in Service Management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Must have “full stack” application knowledge, with expertise in application development
- Must have experience in Application Performance Management
- ITIL certified Practitioner/Intermediate or Certified Scrum Master
- 3+ years supporting Enterprise-level applications
- 3+ years managing SaaS/hybrid applications
- SAP HANA is highly desirable
- ServiceNow expertise is highly desirable
- ITIL Expert or Certified Scrum Professional
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.