Manager,Asset Management Integration and Transformation (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764652BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 21, 2020
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Walt Disney Studios is looking for a Asset Management Integration and Transformation Manager, who will establish project plans for Asset Consolidation into the a new digital asset management system, by understanding requirements, Studio Operations projects, measuring newly developed monthly KPI metrics, and the appropriate escalation of timely information to Senior Management. The Manager will proactively establish strong working relationships with partners and proactively resolve issues as they arise. This is an 18 month project hire.
- Lead overall project management of rolling out new asset management systems; gathering requirements, feedback, testing, project timelines, progress reports and tracking.
- Develop, monitor and manage project plans for asset consolidation for ingest and delivery of media assets from various sources
- Continuously anticipate issues, identify patterns, and proactively develop solutions to avoid delays to the projects
- Propose implementation and improvement of department policies, processes and procedures
- Prepare and communicate projects status to Director.
- Partner with Studio Technology, Studio Ops, and other internal and external partners
- Help develop potential KPI Metrics for the above tasks
- Support with other ad-hoc projects as requested by leadership
- 5+ years of experience in a planning and/or project management role in a creative, manufacturing, or product development environment
- High-level of computer applications competency (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Experience with asset management and system policies and procedures preferred.
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Bachelors level in a relevant subject or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.