Manager - AwardsApply NowApply Later Job ID 915290BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Jan. 12, 2022
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, professionalism, and be a team player who is able to work collaboratively and efficiently. Exceptional organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines is also required.
Awards – The candidate will work with Network and studio executives, producers and publicists to develop and execute campaign strategy and oversee awards submissions for various FYC campaigns including Emmys, Critics Choice Awards, NAACP Image Awards and guild awards. Successful candidate will also be responsible for awards screening site and assets, ad buys and design management, track awards statistics, send out win and nomination notifications, gather reviews, maintain awards calendar, maintain up-to-date talent contacts, oversee staff Television Academy membership communication and tracking, create presentations; and oversee various aspects of the campaign, including working with business partners and vendors to execute events, mailers, invoicing, advertising and editorial coverage. Must be detail-oriented and willing to tackle all tasks, big or small, all the while maintaining a watchful eye on the bigger picture and demonstrating an understanding of how everything we do is interconnected to drive campaign awareness. A collaborative nature and willingness to help and think outside the box in an ever-changing awards landscape is essential. The ideal candidate will also be available to work nights and weekends at our various awards FYC and show publicity events.
- Develop and execute campaign strategy
- Oversee awards budget
- Track awards submissions, coordinating with agencies and studio partners, communicating with entrants, collecting supporting materials and maintaining entry grids and other internal documents.
- Internal announcements for all awards wins and nominations (frequently on nights and weekends).
- Work with vendors on awards ads.
- Plan and oversee awards events.
- Gather relevant and effective quotes from show reviews.
- Maintain awards calendar with submission, nomination and ceremony dates.
- Maintain up-to-date talent contacts for exec communication with winners and nominees.
- Track and maintain all awards stats and history.
- Coordinate screening websites with internal platform team.
- Coordinating Television Academy membership drive and tracking.
- Coordinating travel, ticketing, seating and logistics for awards shows and events, and creating and maintaining itineraries.
- Monitor the competitive landscape.
- Process invoices and purchase orders relating to awards campaigns and submissions.
- Ad hoc departmental assignments as needed.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in the television industry in awards, publicity or talent relations.
- Familiarity with the full scope of Awards campaigns and experience with aspects of FYC campaigns.
- Have preexisting credible professional relationships with the consumer and/or trade media covering the television industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with social media platforms, including Twitter and Instagram.
- Ability to grow and foster internal and external partnerships; work collaboratively with outside partners and work comfortably with outside production teams.
- Demonstrated writing and presentation abilities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of both working within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or equivelent.
- A sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to create attractive, well-formatted and effective documents and presentations.
- Experience in awards submissions.
- Experience working with talent.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Awards experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, visual communications, marketing or journalism.
About ABC Entertainment:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.