Manager, Business OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7113219920210418 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Jul. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Manager, Business Operations will develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders at all levels and facilitate product development toward delivery of integrated, efficient, and intuitive business processes and systems for the production and accounting teams in the Motion Picture Production group.
- Uphold and maintain Business Policy & Procedures, ensuring facilitation into systems and processes of the greater Motion Picture Production team applications and tools.
- Overhead budget tracking and analysis as required for the Motion Picture Production Team
- Manage allocations to productions for studio Soft Costs and cross-production deals.
- Partner with various Studio departments in partnership for best practices for productions, including but not limited to Studio Controllership, Legal, Travel, Treasury, and Tax.
- Work with Studio Production Finance teams to harmonize Production Accounting policy and procedures, and create systems to match those policies.
- Help to facilitate financial workflow systems both for the freelance accounting teams, and the studio finance department.
- Manage SAP business process workflows (ie. chart of accounts harmonization, location accounting data warehouse) in connection with Studio Financial systems teams.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects and analyze current processes to help make the business as efficient as possible, working to create tools for efficient financial analysis and reporting.
- Serve as point of contact for stakeholders across Production department to identify and test new digital production tools (i.e.; Payroll Company and 3rd Party Digital Onboarding Systems, Digital Time Cards, etc.)
- Develop a working knowledge of products and services in the Media and Entertainment industry to help build a digital production and accounting office.
- Support Director of Business Operations with production corporation compliance and reporting requirements for the Corporate Secretary for all production companies.
- Create, develop and maintain on-going communication plans & provide training for system users, ensuring project training documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Assist with Production Accounting audits, as required.
- Special Projects as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the Media and Entertainment industry supporting Production Accounting related processes.
- Experience in production accounting or production finance (and their systems ex. Smart Accounting, PSL+, SAP) preferred.
- Experience supporting financial systems and use of data visualization tools and analytics (Business Intelligence analytics and insights)
- Experience in digital onboarding tools (DocuSign, Smart Start, Start+, CrewStart, or others) preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player who encourages collaboration between teams.
- Ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.