Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, CastingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636968BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
Job Summary:Disney has explored new worlds through magical storytelling since its first completely live-action film, Treasure Island in 1950. Across pirate-laden high-seas or down a mysterious rabbit hole, Disney’s collaborations with renowned artists and filmmakers has produced some of the most successful live-action family films in history, including Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, the Pirates of the Caribbean films, The Jungle Book, Cinderella, and Beauty & The Beast, with more extraordinary stories on the horizon.
The CASTING department of WDSMPP manages the casting responsibilities associated with major film projects of TWDS. The departments serves as the liaison between the Studio, production executives, and talent throughout production before, during, and after principal shooting.
- Responsible for completing and tracking cast deal memos
- Builds immigration packages for actors and handles all coordination of work visas with production and Disney immigration legal department
- Communicates with PR team regarding visas
- Coordinates with legal on approval of all breakdowns and language before release
- In charge of all status lists supplied to 3 different groups (Internal Disney production team, Production, PR/Marketing/Product Placement)
- Edits all casting sessions and makes demo reels
- Assists with the Casting department VP in the management of casting responsibilities associated with major Studio film projects
- Assists in coordination and hiring of freelance casting directors, working with internal departments to facilitate and resolve hiring, legal, and cost-related issues
- Reads scripts in development and pre-production and breaks them down; recommends actor lists for certain projects.
- Provides insight to character breakdowns and provides recommendations on talent
- Coordinates with actors for schedules and availability in accordance with production staff.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external development teams, agencies, talent, Unions, marketing, PR, and immediate team and management
- Works with film production staff to ensure casting matches the desired role and stays within budget
- Schedules casting sessions when casting internally
- Keeps aware of available talent pool and advises VP. Researches trades, magazines, and foreign films to search for and discover, spot, and track new talent. Provides feedback and recommendations to VP.
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to use Cast It, Word, Excel
- Minimum 3 yrs. expr in a Casting capacity or related role within a studio or production environment
- Proven ability to successfully source and assess potential talent for productions
- Solid knowledge of the film production process
- In-depth experience working with Talent (actors, agents)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of mgmt., talent and staff
- Outstanding communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly
- Understands the global and multicultural audience and how to appeal to a wide audience
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution
- BA in Film or related field preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.