Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Catalog StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 522676BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 03, 2018
Job Summary:Disney/ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution is a sales-based organization overseeing distribution for TWDC filmed content beyond the theatrical window, including Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm and Disneynature.
The Manager, Catalog Strategy leads a small team to drive sales and product lifecycle planning and provide strategic recommendations for the studio’s home entertainment catalog transactional business, which includes over 1,000 titles across the Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, and ABC TV brands. This role reports into the Sr. Manager, Catalog Strategy.
- Leads planning and execution of product lifecycle recommendations for the Disney catalog transactional business, including physical and digital distribution.
- Develops promotion, pricing, and product strategies that align with strategic plans and franchise management objectives for the catalog.
- Builds strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to develop catalog strategies, forecast profitability, secure buy-in and approvals, and execute programs for success.
- Prepares and leads presentations to senior management, highlighting financial performance, strategic milestones, and industry trends.
- Manages and delivers ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders.
- Supervises and supports the personal development for a small team.
- 4 or more years of progressive experience managing quantitative and analytical data to deliver strategic results, preferably in a Finance organization
- Strong collaborative approach with proven interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to work and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment
- Flexible approach to shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Excels at presenting diverse information in a clear, concise manner with a data-supported point of view
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, including modeling and advanced functions
- Experience with Microstrategy and Nielsen data reporting tools preferred
- Entertainment industry experience preferred
- BA/BS degree, Finance or Marketing preferred
- MBA Preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.