Manager, CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 788449BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Disney Platform Distribution is seeking a Manager of Communications who will be an integral part of the communications team, working collaboratively to help manage DPD’s broad range of activities and day-to-day operations across all key lines of business including communications management for platform distribution and content sales agreements, executing international publicity requests, assisting with internal communications outreach and talent relations. Job duties will include but are not limited to: assisting with platform distribution and content sales announcements working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders and third-party clients; executing publicity requests for Disney content licensed globally; supporting executive and internal communications efforts; and managing talent participation at international festivals, client upfronts and in-person press tours. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, effective and organized publicist with solid entertainment press contacts and substantial experience working with multiple stakeholders and talent/talent representatives.
- Execute international publicity requests for talent and producers on television programming licensed to various territories and countries including interviews and set visits.
- Manage series and talent participation at international festivals, client upfronts and in-person publicity tours.
- Collaborate and partner with distribution and affiliate marketing, regional sales and marketing teams, content management, creative marketing and digital/social teams in addition to station groups and individual broadcast stations.
- Help manage division and executive communication efforts – identify and pitch relevant industry panels, lists and roundup stories.
- Assist with internal communications outreach including employee messaging, forums and initiatives.
- Willing to travel, as needed.
- Assist with platform distribution and content sales announcements.
- Prepare key messages and talking points and verify deal points and content availability dates.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in communications/public relations or marketing
- Experience working with third-parties and talent and talent representatives.
- Working knowledge of content distribution models including direct-to-consumer apps, broadcasting platforms, digital platforms and pay networks.
- Has solid entertainment press contacts with international, corporate communications and crisis management experience a plus.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with maturity and confidence in working with colleagues at all levels including executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, prioritize deadlines and effectively work through challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits a positive attitude and a multi-tasking team player.
- Willing to pitch in and help the team on all projects to meet critical deadlines.
- Able to work independently but confident enough to ask for guidance and input when needed.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Familiarity and knowledge of content distributed by Disney and an appreciation for the brand a plus!
- Experience working with a studio, network, streaming service or technology company preferred
- BA or BS required, preferably with a degree or emphasis in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related filed.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.